Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekly Trading - 9/5 through 9/11

Another week down and another week full of grinding trades. I've been developing a reputation at the local shop  as being easy to trade with and having the cards that people need. By having this rep I'm able to initiate trades pretty easily and grind through the week. As with everyone else at the shop starting to trade with others themselves their binders are constantly changing which is healthy for my growing binder. So here are the trades of the week.

Trade #1

So a guy I know is trying to finish off his Turboland deck and can't seem to find Oracle of Mul Daya. He can find Primeval Titans but no Oracle... sure. I threw in the Steel Overseer because I see a big spike in price just as Scars of Mirrodin is getting released but it will more then likely fall after that point. If it doesn't look like it's going to drop then I would consider picking these back up.


My (9.98)

  • 2x Oracle of Mul Daya - 4.99

His (23.47)

  • 1x Fauna Shaman - 13.99
  • 1x Steel Overseer - 4.99
  • 1x Celestial Colonnade - 4.49

Net (+13.49)

Trade #2

So this was a simple trade with my friend B.Page. He wanted my Fauna Shaman and I wanted the Misty Rainforest, the other cards thrown in were kind of a joke.


My (16.97)

  • 1x Lodestone Golem - 1.99
  • 1x Fauna Shaman - 13.99
  • 1x Royal Assassin - .99

His (16.98)

  • 1x Coralhelm Commander - 3.99
  • 1x Misty Rainforest - 12.99

Net (+0.01)

Trade #3

I love trading around the end of a standard set. People will just start dumping off cards they don't want because they have little to no interest in playing in Extended or Legacy. In Picking up these Maelstrom Pulses I'll be able to grind through PTQ season with the Doran deck and then sell them off near the end. Easy money.


My (26.22)

  • 1x Spreading Seas - .75
  • 2x Lightning Bolt - Foil Promo - 10.99
  • 1x Luminarch Ascension - 3.49

His (66.94)

  • 4x Maelstrom Pulse - 9.99
  • 1x Fauna Shaman - 13.99
  • 1x Sarkhan the Mad - 12.99

Net (+40.72)

Trade #4

Ah the Duel Deck syndrome, how you treat me so good. So this week the Elspeth vs Tezzeret duel deck came out and people went nuts over picking up a foil Elspeth, even though the foil process they went through is even worse then the From the Vault series people still like them. The thing I like abou the duel decks is nobody cares about any of the other cards in the set. So I'm able to pick up cards like Swords to plowshares relatively cheap due to nobody wanting a non-Type 2 card.


My (10.74)

  • 1x Soul's Attendant - Foil - .75
  • 1x Stoneforge Mystic - Foil - 9.99

His (27.98)

  • 2x - Thirst for Knowledge - DD:EvT - 1.49
  • 1x Trinket Mage - DD:EvT - .55
  • 1x Stoneforge Mystic - 4.99
  • 1x Mishra's Factory - DD:EvT - 4.99
  • 1x Wall of Omens - 2.49
  • 2x Swords to Plowshares - DD:EvT - 5.99

Net (+17.24)

Trade #5

A trade with my good friend Hitchler who I am training in the ways of the trade. He had a Baneslayer for trade and we came to this trade below. The thing with teaching someone how to trade is being able to get them to understand that cards should flow through like water, if you never "need" anything and just grind through eventually you won't have to buy a single card for any deck you want to build. Such is the life of a grinder.


My (21.47)

  • 1x Inferno Titan - 10.99
  • 1x Celestial Colonnade - 4.49
  • 1x Celestial Colonnade - Buy-a-Box Promo - 5.99

His (33.48)

  • 1x Baneslayer Angel - 31.99
  • 1x Cancel - Textless Promo - 1.49

Net (+12.01)

Trade #6

So hanging around in the shop in the middle of the week can pay off tremendously. Randomly this guy comes in with a  giant box of cards, we all figure he's going to sell them to the store for some quick cash and take off but instead he sits down and starts pulling out binders. The dish is the guy is getting back into Magic after about a year break and needs some Type 2 stuff. I flip through his binders and find some old Legacy staples and ask him if they are for trade. His reply is one of the best things to hear to a trader, "Oh that old thing yeah sure, I don't play any of the old cards." With this mentality you can grab crazy deal like the one I did below. Nothing beats my other friend Loster who traded a Overgrown Tomb for a Grim Tutor, figure that one out.


My (13.70)

  • 1x Wanderwine Hub - 1.99
  • 2x Drowned Catacomb - 3.99
  • 1x Traumatize - 1.99
  • 1x Haunting Echoes - .75
  • 1x Everflowing Chalice - .99

His (53.21)

  • 2x Windswept Heath - 18.99
  • 1x Zur the Enchanter - 1.49
  • 1x Sword of Fire and Ice - 12.99
  • 1x Treefolk Harbinger - .75

Net (+39.51)

Trade #7

Shineys, foilys, whatever you want to call them people will always want them. Playable foils hardly ever stick  in my binder less then a week.


My (12.99)

  • 1x Cryptic Command - Foil Promo - 12.99

His (20.98)

  • 1x Verdant Catacombs - 11.99
  • 1x Obstinate Baloth - 8.99

Net (+7.99)

Trade #8

Case in point, this guy again only plays in Type 2 so could care less about the older cards. The filter lands will be a staple in the upcoming Extended season and I'm hoping they make a quick jump to $10
 so I can cash out at the end of the season.


My (4.73)

  • 1x Celestial Purge - Textless Promo - 1.99
  • 1x Kor Duelist - Foil Promo - .75
  • 1x Armament Master - Foil - 1.99

His (11.33)

  • 1x Flooded Grove - 5.49
  • 1x Mystic Gate - 5.49
  • 1x Nantuko Monastery - .35

Net (+6.60)

Trade #9

Now here is a controversial point, below is an obvious lopsided trade to the point where I actually told the guy he needed to go find something else. He turned me down at every point saying "No, I have too many cards already." Not sure how you can have too many cards but he was happy with the 1 Omnath and a happy person will come back to me at another time with more stuff.


My (2.99)

  • 1x Omnath, Locus of Mana - 2.99

His (17.69)

  • 1x Deathmark - Foil - .75
  • 2x Leyline of the Void - 1.99
  • 1x Eye of Ugin - 3.99
  • 1x Lodestone Golem - 1.99
  • 2x Overwhelming Stampede - 3.49

Net (+17.70)

Trade #10

A friend of mine is building a Fish deck for both Standard and Legacy and needed the Coralhelm Commanders, he was trying to move his Gideons so I happily took them off his hands. A story about that altered Rhox War Monk though was I picked it up about a year ago in some random trade and it's sat in my binder to the point where it was just like a "Oh, that's cool, did you do that?" sign. I priced it as a foil card and was finally able to move it.


My (14.96)

  • 3x Coralhelm Commander - 3.99
  • 1x Rhox War Monk - Altered Art - 2.99

His (39.98)

  • 1x Scalding Tarn - 13.99
  • 1x Gideon Jura - 25.99

Net (+25.02)

Trade #11

This was the same guy as above who had the Windswept Heaths. He came back after reorganizing his stuff from a box of binders to a single binder. I pulled the Cryptic Commands out and he asked me what would be good trade fodder for him, I told him the Stoneforge is always good to have so he took that. He then went through my bulk rare box and pulled out some stuff for his friends to finish up their decks.


My (7.70)

  • 1x Stoneforge Mystic - 4.99
  • 1x Lightwielder Paladin - .49
  • 1x Halo Hunter - .49
  • 1x Butcher of Malakir - .75
  • 1x Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs - .49
  • 1x Predatory Urge - .49

His (25.98)

  • 2x Cryptic Command - 12.99

Net (+18.28)

Trade #12

A trade with a good friend who opened up the duel deck, I asked for the Swords and other stuff and he said he had more Swords if I wanted them, you can never have too many Swords.


My (21.98)

  • 2x Marsh Flats - 10.99

His (35.47)

  • 2x Swords to Plowshares - DD:EvT - 5.99
  • 3x Swords to Plowshares - Revised - 4.99
  • 1x Mishra's Factory - DD:EvT - 4.99
  • 1x Trinket Mage - DD:EvT - .55
  • 2x Thirst for Knowledge - 1.49

Net (+13.49)

Trade #13

Another trade with Hitchler, the green Leyline was a throw in and it ended up getting thrown at the store owner for an ice cold Pepsi. What the hell else am I going to do with the card?


My (20.97)

  • 1x Marsh Flats - 10.99
  • 1x Stoneforge Mystic - 4.99 
  • 1x Day of Judgement - 4.99

His (26.98)

  • 1x Gideon Jura - 25.99
  • 1x Leyline of Vitality - .99

Net (+6.01)

Trade #14

This guy wanted my Verdant Catacombs but I couldn't find anything worth it in his binder, instead he asked for the textless Sign in Blood and I was able to trade it for a usable land.


My (2.49)

  • 1x Sign in Blood - Textless Promo - 2.49

His (4.99)

  • 1x Glacial Fortress - 4.99

Net (+2.50)

That's all for this week, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Yo dude, check this out.

    http://porcelainn-rose.xanga.com/

    sick Goth poetry on the xenga blogs brah

    ReplyDelete