Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekly Trading - 8/29 through 9/4

So during the week I try and stop by the local shop on my way to and from school and work. By doing this I'm able to catch some people who are just there hanging out. A good way to start trades this way is to kind of sit around and chat with the people playing. Sometimes there are the super casual guys looking for that big green guy to fit their newest deck idea, other times there are some competitive players looking for foils or something for themselves. By being there and trading with these guys during the weeks I'm able to build a reputation as being easy to trade with.

Trade #1

So this trade was with a friend of mine who had been trying to get my DCI Path to Exiles off of me for awhile so I obliged and he was able to get the following trade. One thing about promos and foils though is that there are the two kinds of Magic players: the ones who care about pimping and the ones who could care less. When you are able to figure out who is who at your local shop you are able to filter cards through from one person to the other. I act as a middle man by pulling the foils and promos from the people who don't like them and trade them to the people who do.


My (14.47)
2x Path to Exile - Foil Promo - 5.49
1x Bloodbraid Elf - 3.49

His (39.44)
3x Path to Exile - 6.49
1x Celestial Purge - Promo - 1.99
1x Fauna Shaman - 13.99
1x Sword of Vengeance - 3.99

Net (24.97)

Trade #2

A small trade between me and my friend Hitchler. Again, stocking foils of cards that see play will hopefully be a factor. I'm hoping Leyline of the Void will see more play after rotation for the simple fact that we lose both Relic of Progenitus and Path to Exile and the Vengevine decks will need to be taken care of.



My (7.47)
1x Birds of Paradise - 4.49
1x Brittle Effigy - 2.49
1x Jace's Ingenuity - .49

His (9.49)
1x Leyline of the Void - Foil - 9.49

Net (+2.02)

Note : The price of the foil Leyline of the Void varies wildly wherever you look, averaged out it looks to be around $8-10 for the card so that's what it'll be trading at.

Trade #3

So when M11 came out I did a midnight draft at our local shop here and I opened a foil Nantuko Shade that night. I had a few people ask me for it and it had taken me up until now to finally get it out of my binder. This is one of the cards I wished I had moved immediately after opening because I probably would've gotten premium for it.


My (11.98)
1x Nantuko Shade - Foil - 5.99
1x Basilisk Collar - 5.99

His (16.72)
1x Jace Beleren - 7.49
1x Overwhelming Stampede - 3.49
1x Glacial Fortress - 4.99
1x Deathmark - Foil - .75

Net (+4.74)


Trade #4

A straight across trade that me and a friend of mine did while working on a different deal, I knew I could turn that Captivating Vampire around that same night because the vampire deck is popular with the casual crowd.


My (4.99)
1x Undermine - 4.99

His (5.99)
1x Captivating Vampire - 5.99

Net (+1.00)

Trade #5

I said I could flip the Captivating Vampire right over, now this guy I traded with is the absolute casual player. So I tried to stay away from pricing the cards and naming numbers and just went with what he agreed on.


My (12.47)
1x Captivating Vampire - 5.99
1x Omnath, Locus of Mana - 2.99
1x Leyline of Anticipation - 3.49

His (18.20)
1x Thada Adel, Acquisitor - .49
1x Coralhelm Commander - 3.99
1x Shared Discovery - Foil - .75
1x Celestial Colonnade - Buy-A-Box Promo - 5.99
1x Sovereigns of Lost Alara - Foil - 4.99
1x Evolving Wilds - Foil - 1.99

Net (+5.73)

Trade #6

I happen to find someone else who had cracked open a From the Vaults set and was willing to trade some stuff out of it. Unfortunatly he did want to keep the Mox Diamond and AEther Vial for his EDH deck but, guess that's why people bought them in the first place. Here's the trade.


My (20.97)
1x Damnation - Foil Promo - 17.99
1x Vulturous Zombie - 1.99
1x Savra, Queen of the Golgari - .99

His (24.98)
1x Sword of Body and Mind - FTV:R Foil - 17.99
1x Isochron Scepter - FTV:R Foil - 6.99

Net (+4.01)

Trade #7

Yeah, this was the trade we were talking about earlier where I was trying to argue pricing for this. I know the Counterbalance is worth more then the Path to Exile in the long run. The Counterbalance had some slight play on it so I knocked the price down a bit but I knew in the short time I would have the Path I would be able to profit on it much more then I would a singleton Counterbalance sitting in my legacy section.


My ( 8.49)
1x Counterbalance (SP) - 8.49

His (5.49)
1x Path to Exile - Foil Promo - 5.49

Net (-3.00)

In the end the Path will net me more so I take the hit now and will profit later. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment