Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Big Trades

So I've been gone for awhile and haven't been able to keep up with my weekly posting but that doesn't mean the trading stops. Oh no, it's always on wherever I am and tonight I want to bring to the table some of the bigger trades I've been in over the past couple of weeks.

Big Trade #1


My (99.41)

  • 4x AEther Vial (Played, valued at 8) - 7.99
  • 1x Warren Instigator - 5.49
  • 1x Siege-Gang Commander (Foil) - 4.99
  • 2x Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - 2.99
  • 1x Primeval Titan - 44.99
  • 1x Inferno Titan - 8.99

His (98.97)

  • 1x Jace, the Mindsculptor - 85.99
  • 1x Sun Titan - 8.99
  • 1x Seachrome Crest - 3.99

Net (-0.44)

Even though dollar-wise this is pretty even I picked up yet another Jace, the Mindsculptor and you really can never have too many of those guys.

Big Trade #2


My (131.20)

  • 1x Elspeth Tirel - 39.99
  • 1x Venser, the Sojourner - 37.99
  • 3x Dragonskull Summit - 8.79
  • 3x Rootbound Crag - 5.98
  • 2x Sunpetal Grove - 7.47
  • 1x Wurmcoil Engine - 14.99
  • 1x Sword of Body and Mind - 15.99

His

  • Lots of stuff all non-Type 2 that roughly equals 300$

Net(~$200)

The abyss. The place where good old Magic cards go to when the casual kitchen table players open stuff in prereleases and boxes. I was talking to a guy at the LGS about how mana is so important to a good deck and he had told me that he needed a certain number of the M11 dual lands to complete his sets and I said I had them for trade and I got the magical "Well, it's all in boxes at my house." Awesome, I went over to his place and went through a 5000 count box plus a good 8-9 fat pack boxes of old extended and legacy staples. Highlights are a playset of Noble Hierarchs, AEther Vials, Crucible of Worlds, Thoughtseize, Path to Exiles, and parts of the legacy Fish deck.

Don't be afraid to go big when trading. Often times you can get piles upon piles of good 3-4$ uncommons just because the person isn't using them anymore and they are "Just an uncommon." And about the abyss, we need to get these cards out of the boxes in closets and out onto the market to keep the trading game alive. Whenever you're at a prerelease or launch event try and bring home some of the staple cards and load up on casual appeal.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment